When it comes time to select a pool builder, who you choose will make a big difference in terms of quality and satisfaction. Just how do you find a savvy swimming Houston custom pool builder? Here are some tips to help you narrow your search to the right one.
– Reputation: Ask your neighbors, co-workers, family and friends about their pool and spa building experiences. Even if they weren’t the original owners of a home that came with an existing pool, finding out about the contractor and whether they’re satisfied with the workmanship will help you in your quest. If the people giving word-of-mouth referrals were there through the entire process, even better. Ask how long it took, if the company was reliable and if the pool has held up well. Once you’ve gotten a few names, research their company via the internet.
– Experience: How long has the pool builder been in this business? Even if the company is fairly new, the general contractor of the operation should have substantial experience.
– Photos: Ask to see a photo portfolio containing examples of their work. There is a large variety of options, including kidney bean or rectangle shape, water features, decorative faux rocks and cool decking. Does this contractor’s aesthetic eye appeal to your sense of design? Can you picture these structures in your own backyard?
– References: Ask for a list of their customers who are willing to vouch for the quality of their workmanship. Contact these former customers to inquire about their experiences. If they’ll allow you to take a look at their pools and spas, that would be even better.
– Contractors License: It is important that a pool builder be registered with the Board of Contractors’ Registry. The complaint records are open to the public. It is a wise idea to check the complaints on file to see what might turn up. You want to deal with a company who keeps their customers happy.
– Pricing: It is smart to get more than one estimate in order to compare prices for similar pool structures with comparable add-ons and water features. Be sure you’re comparing apples with apples, however. Beware of advertisements that name a shockingly low price tag for their products. Ask lots of questions about exactly what is included in their quote and then check out their reputation, too. Remember, there is no free lunch and a price that appears too good to be true probably is.
Having cool fun and recreation right in your own backyard can give years of pleasure for the entire family. You can even save on your air conditioning bills because swimming in cold water brings body temperature down, making everyone feel cooler.